Monday, June 29, 2009

Sacrifices

I've been thinking a lot lately about having to give up things.  Having to carry everything that we need for the next few months in two trailers is very challenging.  A couple of weeks ago Zion and Cord were insisting that they needed full sized pillows.  We bought some cheap ones at Wal-Mart and both complained that they weren't just right.  Once we started loading it became apparent that the pillows had to go.  They are now happy with their small pillows, especially as they are used after an exhausting day.  I had to leave behind cotton clothes, cosmetics and cut off my hair in order to not need a hairdryer.  Today was another very rainy day so we decided to use the day to reorganize and purge.  We mailed home cotton towels and an extra blanket, both things that I was reluctant to give up.  Now we each have a Shamwow and more space.  My mixing bowl is in the mail and I will use our pot instead.  Cedar sent back his juggling balls and will share Zion's.  Cord jokes that everything will be gone by the time that the boys and I return home.  Will I be willing to continue to sacrifice for others once we're back home?  I'm trying not to think that far ahead, for now it's just one mile at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Great thoughts! What a humongous learning time for all of you and something the boys will never forget!!! Congrats on going to the limit to have this experience with them and i KNOW that you can do it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comment above is actually from Laura. I never know which gmail account is open at the time!! Blessings for today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are watching your house across the street while you are gone. Thanks for taking us along with you on this amazing ride! Let us know if you need anything. Ride On !

    Tom Valinote

    ReplyDelete