Sunday, September 20, 2009

Another windy day





We were dropped off at our stopping point and continued on.  The wind today was less than yesterday, blowing a steady 25 with gusts at 35 mph.  

As we unloaded the bikes we kept hearing booms, explosions from the INL.

"I just keep looking for a mushroom cloud," my dad joked.

Since we have no idea of what they are experimenting on, our minds have the ability to turn the unknown into great stories.

My favorite was having emergency vehicles rescuing us from whatever had exploded and in the process, rescuing us from the wind.

We were able to finish the final 20 miles in 2 1/2 hours.  We pushed hard and used the rest of the day to recover.

As we pulled into town, we noticed two things.  The submarine is marked 666.  How did they ever get christians on a sub with that label?

The local burger joint is the home of the Atomic Burger.  I am thinking that I would only eat it if it gave me a burst of energy to fly through this wind.  

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe the distance you have covered! Glad you have sun, but it must be swealtering after all the rain. I love the pictures, especially the one of the dog! That cracks me up!
    anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto!!! Can't believe how far you have gone!! Keep it up! So good to see Cedar and Zions happy smiling faces! Tricia

    ReplyDelete