Friday, October 2, 2009

It's Freezing!

So, not only have we chosen the coolest, wettest summer to ride across, we also have chosen a year when winter is coming early.  Yesterday we rode across our second to the last pass and it was freezing!  I was ready to stop the trip right there but the boys encouraged me to go on.  I have decided that I am a warm weather biker!

We have one pass left and from there we are heading to the ocean.  I am ready to stop there instead of riding up to Seattle.  We will first make a stop at REI to get some rain pants and an additional pair of thermal pants for me.  Maybe I'll get a second pair of gloves, a second hat and a third pair of socks.  I'm already wearing two as it is.  

My only consolation is that our friend Neil is freezing too.  I think his daytime highs are warmer but at night it is in the 20's.

Dreaming of warm weather.

3 comments:

  1. Can you smell the salt air? You are piling on so many clothes, I'm here freezing with you! You guys are so inspiring to me and come home safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelika,
    Are you guys OK? I watched the news and they were talking about storms in the pacific northwest. I hope you got some more long underwear and gloves! Thinking of you and sending warm thoughts your way. Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tricia and Cheryl,
    It was freezing riding through the snow and it was cold yesterday, reaching maybe 50 by the end of the day. I am sick now and waiting to finish tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete