Saturday, October 10, 2009

Our Last Day



We officially reached the Pacific Ocean on Tuesday evening.  We pedaled over 90 miles that day and it was a perfect ending.

Eugene was a great place and on our way out of town we rode on more of their fantastic bike lanes.  I had to stop at a great coffee shop.  I rated it second best to my favorite in Woodstock, Vermont.  

It quickly warmed up to around 60 and we worked hard the entire day.  Most of the time we were silent.  Sadness.

I was even able to ride in my shorts for part of the day.  Blessing.

Our last 14 miles to Florence were along a busier road but we had a great shoulder to ride on.  The icing on the cake was an unkempt man with his bicycle standing on the other side of the road.

"I'm running for governor!" he yelled across the busy road.  He was holding up a sign and announced his website.

Cedar and I used the last 14 miles to list off 14 of the things we were thankful for.  Zion dropped behind because he thought we were being too sentimental.

My parents met us in town and followed us the final 5 miles to the ocean.  We walked out to the ocean to touch the water.

Finished.

2 comments:

  1. YOU DID IT!!!! Kudos to you, Cedar and Zion and Cord! I am so glad you were protected along the way and happy for you to fulfill your dreams...Can't wait to see you and hear all about it...Welcome home, almost! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dream trip!! Can't wait to see everyone and hear about all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete