Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Another dog...

So, we were happily pedaling along a country road here in Illinois when we saw two dogs approaching us.  

"Are you ready, Cedar?" I asked.

"Go, go, go!" he shouted. 

We zoomed past them and I thought we were in the clear.  I was wrong.

The smaller of the two dropped out of the chase quite early but the larger (think wolfhound) continued along side of us.  I hoped it would stop at the next farm but it kept going, past the first, second and third farms.  

"Cedar, we are going 21 miles per hour!  I can't believe this dog!" I yelled.  

Finally it gave up the chase and headed back for home.  Minnie was howling and we were laughing .  What a dog.

Zion caught up with us a couple of miles down the road.  "Did you see those two cute dogs back there?" he joked.  "It looked like that large one hit the back of your bike," he noted.

Ahh, the simplicity of adventure in the country.

2 comments:

  1. Jim & I have been watching this show, and these people have been riding their bicycles around the world for 7 years! Hope you come home before that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelika - Hi again. Still praying each day for you, several times when I think about it :)
    God is so faithful in His care and we are blest by reading the specific ways He is watching out for you guys.

    Hugs from the Timbrell's!

    ReplyDelete