Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chicago

We made it to Chicago on Friday afternoon with a greeting of... rain, of course!  We actually had 8 days of great weather so we just kept pedaling.  I'm a bit overwhelmed at the thought of catching up on our travels but the stories are just so amazing I'll just have to get to work.  Some of it will be out of order but the stories will be great, I promise!

First I will start with two quick ones.  The first happened just a mile or so outside of Chicago at a gas station where we were buying snacks.  I was talking to a man about our trip (this happens every time we stop) and mentioned that I was born and raised here.  He told me that I have an accent now and I don't sound like I'm from Chicago.  I found that to be hilarious since I don't perceive myself as having an accent.

We were eating some Chicago stuffed pizza last night since that was high on my list of things to do here.  We ordered a large and it was great!  We polished the whole pizza off.

Our waiter came back and looked at us surprised and puzzled.  "I have never had anyone finish one of those before," he said.  

If you have ever had a stuffed pizza, one piece would normally be enough, even for Cord.  We laughed and shared with him our reason for eating so much.  

Cord will be flying home on Wednesday.  It was hard to digest at the end of our ride that it was the end for him.  He began in the rain and also finished in the rain.  We all took turns riding next to him as we approached the state line.  We are sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment